Emergency Dental Care Near Me
Are you experiencing tooth pain or a dental emergency? You’re not alone. Dental emergencies can happen to anyone at any time. Whether it’s a broken tooth, a lost filling, or severe toothache, it’s important to seek emergency dental care as soon as possible to prevent further damage and alleviate your pain.
In this article, we’ll explain what constitutes a dental emergency, the types of dental care services you can get in emergency dental care, and how to find an emergency dentist near you.
Our goal is to help you understand what to do if you experience a dental emergency, so you can get the care you need to keep your smile healthy and pain-free.
Common Dental Emergencies
Before we talk about how to seek emergency dental care near you, you should first know what constitutes a dental emergency at first. Not all dental issues call for emergency dental care. So what are some common dental emergencies?
Dental emergencies can range from minor issues like a chipped tooth to more serious problems like a knocked-out tooth. Here are some of the most common dental emergencies:
- Toothache: A severe toothache is often a sign of a dental infection or decay. If left untreated, it can lead to more serious problems.
- Cracked or Chipped Teeth: Teeth can crack or chip for a variety of reasons, including biting down on something hard, a sports injury, or an accident. If the damage is minor, your dentist may be able to repair it with a filling or bonding. More severe damage may require a dental crown or veneer.
- Knocked-Out Tooth: A knocked-out tooth is a serious dental emergency that requires immediate attention. If the tooth is properly preserved and re-implanted within an hour of being knocked out, there’s a good chance it can be saved.
- Lost Filling or Crown: Fillings and crowns can become loose or fall out due to wear and tear or decay. If this happens, it’s important to see your dentist as soon as possible to prevent further damage or decay.
- Abscess: An abscess is a painful infection that can develop at the root of a tooth or in the gums. It can cause swelling, fever, and severe pain and requires immediate treatment to prevent the infection from spreading.
What to Do During a Dental Emergency
Dental emergencies can be stressful and painful, but it’s important to stay calm and take the appropriate steps to ensure the best possible outcome. Here are some important things you should do in a dental emergency:
Contact Your Dentist: The first step in any dental emergency is to contact your dentist as soon as possible. If your dentist is not available, look for an emergency dentist in your area who can provide immediate care.
#1: Manage pain
In many cases, dental emergencies can be accompanied by severe pain. To manage pain, take over-the-counter pain relievers as directed, or apply a cold compress to the affected area.
#2: Preserve the damaged tooth
If you’ve experienced a knocked-out tooth or a tooth that has been cracked or broken, you should preserve the damaged tooth or pieces of it. Rinse the tooth or pieces with milk or saline solution (not water) to remove any dirt or debris, and place it in a container of milk or saliva to keep it moist. This can increase the chances of being able to re-implant the tooth.
#3: Stop bleeding
If there’s bleeding in the mouth, apply pressure to the affected area with a clean cloth or gauze to stop the bleeding. If the bleeding is severe or doesn’t stop after 15 minutes, seek immediate medical attention.
#4: Follow up with your dentist
After receiving emergency dental care, it’s important to follow up with your regular dentist to ensure that the affected area is healing properly and to address any further treatment that may be necessary.
Remember, the most important thing in a dental emergency is to seek immediate care. Delaying treatment can lead to further damage or infection and may even result in tooth loss.
Emergency Dental Care In Loughborough: Get the Help You Need Right Away!
At Peacock Dental Spa, we understand that dental emergencies can happen at any time, and we’re here to help when you need us most. Our experienced team of dentists and staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality emergency dental care services to our patients.
Here are some of the emergency dental services that we offer:
- Same-Day Appointments: We offer same-day appointments for dental emergencies so you can receive the care you need as quickly as possible.
- Tooth Extractions: If a tooth is severely damaged or infected, it may need to be extracted. Our skilled dentists can perform tooth extractions in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Root Canal Therapy: If a dental infection has reached the inner pulp of the tooth, root canal therapy may be necessary to save the tooth. We have the right equipment and experience to perform root canal therapy to relieve your pain and save the tooth.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns and bridges can be used to restore damaged or missing teeth, providing a natural-looking and long-lasting solution to dental emergencies.
- Dental Implants: If you’ve lost a tooth due to a dental emergency, dental implants can be a permanent and effective solution to restore your smile.
At Peacock Dental Spa, you can trust us with the best emergency dental care services in Loughborough. We are a reliable 24-hour dentist you can always call if you’re experiencing a dental emergency.
We will guide you through the process and ensure that you receive the care you need. Peacock Dental Spa operates most hours of the day, including weekends and holidays.
So, you can always give us a call at 01509 380 206 or book an online appointment immediately!